The factory was founded in 1932 by the sculptor Napoleone Martinuzzi, and the engineer Francesco Zecchin. Both had previously worked for Venini, where Martinuzzi had been the artistic director since 1926.
Their products were different from those of all other manufacturers. Both were influenced by the Novecento style. They used thick, transparent materials and preferred the Pulegoso and Crudo technology. They presented the objects at the Biennale in Venice (1932 and 1934) including a series of vases, plants, and figures. Otello Nason and Alfredo Barbini had made most of the objects.
In 1936, the manufacture was in financial difficulties. Napoleone Martinuzzi decided to leave the company to have more time for his sculpture. Francesco Zecchin led the company on his own at first, but then they had to close permanently in 1939. Despite its short existence, Zecchin-Martinuzzi had a great influence on the art of glassmaking, wherefore the collaboration with Alfredo Barbini had contributed.