The factory was founded in 1925 under the name of Augusto Hreglivh S.A.V.A.M. (Societa Anonima Vetri Murano Artistici) and produced glass in the classic style.
In 1936, the company was renamed into V.A.M.S.A. (Vetreria Artistica Muranese Societa Anonima). Alfredo Barbini was one of the partners and the master blower. Later Barbini worked as a master with Napoleone Martinuzzi, in the manufacture Zecchin-Martinuzzi. Extremely thick-walled glass with the inclusion of air bubbles, powdered metal or other decorative shapes were characteristic for these objects.
In the product lines, there are two main trends. On the one hand, the Sommerso and Novecento series, which was shown at the Venice Biennale in 1938, on the other hand sculptures with naturalistic elements.
The Biennale of 1942 presented objects, which had been created under the artistic direction of Ermenegildo Ripa and the painter Luigi Scarpa Croce. The company closed in 1945.