Aureliano Toso founded the manufacture Toso in 1938. Since the very beginning, he worked with the painter Dino Martens. In 1942 on the 22nd Venice Biennale, the factory first showed a series of objects. In 1948 and in 1952 more impressing pieces were shown, for example, 'La bottiglia del mago' from the 'Orient' series at the Mostra Storica del Vetro Muranese.
In the period between 1946 and 1960, the manufacture was represented on the largest exhibitions in Italy and won a gold medal at the Triennale in Milan in 1951. Aureliano Toso collaborated with external artists such as Fiovarante Seibezzi, Aldo Bergamini and Jan Le Witt. In the early 60s, Dino Martens left the company. From 1966, Gino Poli influenced the artistic direction of the company.