Vistosi is one of the oldest glassblowing families, their roots date back to the 18th century. In 1945, Guglielmo Vistosi opened a manufacture of innovative design and concepts of production. The industrial design fascinated Vistosi. He connected this with local glass-making techniques.
After his death in 1952, his younger brother Oreste Vistosi acquired the company, assisted by the sons Gino and Luciano. The factory now specialised in light objects.
His nephew and external artists worked in the factory, such as Peter Pelzel, Alessandro Pianon or Fulvio Bianconi. In 1963, a big exhibition took place in the Danese Gallery. In the same year, the factory received the Golden Compass Award for a series of cylindrical vase with spirals.
In the 60s, the company took part in major exhibitions in Italy, including the Venice Biennale. The preferred techniques in the 60s were the murrhines, for example, designed by Peter Pelzel and executed by Francesco Martinuzzi. In the next few years, the manufacture worked together with the greatest Italian designers such as Gae Aulenti, Vico Magistretti, Eleonore Peduzzi Riva and Ettore Sottsass.
After difficulties in management and several changes of ownership, the company closed down the early 90s.