F.lli Toso is one of the oldest factories in the island, founded in 1854. It is known for its classically blown glass as well as the murrhines technique of the early 20th century.
Between 1910 and 1914, the factory worked together with the Norwegian artist Hans Stoltenberg Lerche. He produced a series that was inspired by the sea and was featured in 1912 and 1914 at the Biennale. It was the first time in the history of Murano that a glass factory cooperated with an outside artist. After the artist's death in 1920, a major retrospective took place in the Norwegian Hall of the First International Exhibition of Decorative Arts at Monza (1923).
The factory continued to work together with outside artists including Umberto Bellotto (Biennial 1914) and Guido Cadorin.
After the Second World War, the factory took part in all the major exhibitions in Italy. Designers were Giusto and Renato Toso. Alberto Moretti, Licio Zuffi and Vittorio Ferro conducted their drafts. The factory closed down in 1982.